Underrepresented in Medicine
We would like to welcome residents, fellows and their families to MCWAH. The Underrepresented in Medicine (URM) Committee is committed to promoting diversity at MCWAH and is here as a resource for residents and fellows. Through networking opportunities, community involvement and social activities, we are here to support your career development. The URM committee typically has meetings every other month (Thursdays at 6 p.m.). Any residents or fellows are welcome to attend.
Some of our activities include:
High School Mentorship program in conjunction with Cream City Medical Society
Networking events with community physicians
For information on the MCWAH URM committee please contact Dr. Senait Tesfai-Barker (Chairperson) at email@example.com.
- What is URM?
The URM Housestaff Committee is comprised of residents, fellows, trainees and others interested in promoting diversity and the Medical College of Wisconsin and Affiliated Hospitals. The Committee assists in recruitment of underrepresented minorities to MCWAH residency programs, provides socializing and networking opportunities among peers, and enhances career development. It also encourages involvement in the larger community.
- MCWAH Diversity Links of Interest
- The Holiday Folk Fair International is an awesome event to explore other cultures.
- Celebrating Diversity - the Medical College is committed to the recruitment, admission and graduation of talented students from diverse backgrounds. The Office of Student Affairs/Diversity provides support services to enhance students' academic learning. Among the services provided are academic counseling, test taking strategies, and other services to help students manage all aspects of their student life.
- Office of Public Affairs - The Medical College of Wisconsin's Office of Public Affairs creates and enhances understanding, appreciation, recognition and support for the Medical College and its programs by communicating through the news media, corporate publications, its Web site and special programs. Contact Public Affairs.
- MCW Links
- Professional Web sites/Meetings