History of MCW
The College was founded in 1893 as the Wisconsin College of Physicians and Surgeons. In 1913, the Wisconsin College of Physicians and Surgeons merged with the Milwaukee Medical College to form Marquette University School of Medicine. In 1967, the medical school separated from Marquette University to become a free-standing institution, subsequently named the Medical College of Wisconsin. In 1978, the College moved to its present location in suburban Milwaukee, on the campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences has a proud history of educating future scholars. Alumnus from MCW are located around the world in areas such as academic research, industry and the federal government. You're encouraged to visit the depart webpages to learn where our Alumnus are located throughout the world.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 N. LaSalle St., Ste. 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, 800-621-7440; and by The Liaison Committee on Medical Education. The Master of Public Health program is also accredited by The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).