Bradley C. Hiner, MD
Professor of Neurology
Director, Neurosciences Ambulatory Clinics
Neurologic Director, Deep Brain Stimulation Program
Specialty: Adult Neurology
Botulinum Toxin Injection For Dystonia
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
Doctor of Medicine, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, 1982
Internship, Riverside Methodist Hospitals, Columbus, OH, 1982-1983
Residency, Neurology, Stanford Medical Center, CA, 1983-1985
Administrative Chief Resident, Neurology, Stanford Medical Center, CA, 1985-1986
Postdoctoral Neurosciences Fellowship, Stanford Medical Center, CA, 1986-1987
Brief Clinical/Research Interest Statement:
Dr. Hiner specializes in movement disorders. His focus is deep brain stimulation, an exciting new surgical procedure available at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Hiner is committed to improving the activities of daily living for his patients.
More information about the Parkinson's Movement Disorders program can be found at
- Hiner BC, Molnar GF, Kopell BH. Movement Disorders: Anatomy and Physiology Relevant to Deep Brain Stimulation. In: Neuromodulation for Movement Disorders, Ed. Krames in press 2009, Elsevier, London
- LeWitt PA, Guttman M, Tetrud JW, Tuite PJ, Mori A, Chaikin P, Sussman NM, Hiner BC; 6002-US-005 Study Group. Adenosine A2A receptor antagonist istradefylline (KW-6002) reduces "off" time in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, randomized, multicenter clinical trial (6002-US-005).
Ann Neurol. 2008 Mar;63(3):295-302.
- Hiner BC. Differential diagnosis of Parkinson's disease: a new blood test? Clin Med Res. 2006 Dec;4(4):246-7.
- Hiner, B.C. (2005). Valsalva Maneuver. Clinical Medicine & Research, 3 (2), 55.
- Li YJ, Hauser MA, Martin ER, Booze MW, Qin XJ, Walter JW, Nance MA, Hubble JP, Koller WC, Pahwa R, Stern MB, Hiner BC et al. Apolipoprotein E controls the risk and age at onset of Parkinson’s disease. Neurology 2004 Jun 8;62(11): 2005-9.
- Li YU, Oliveira SA, Xu P, Martin ER, Stenger JE, Hiner BC et al. Glutathione S-transferase omega-1 modifies age-at-onset of Alzheimer disease and Parkinson disease. Hum Mol Genet 2004 March;13(5):573
- Li YJ, Oliveira SA, Xu P, Martin Er, Stenger JE, Hiner BC et al. Glutathione S-transferase omega-1 modifiesage-at-onset of Alzheimer disease and Parkinson disease. Hum Mol Genet 2003
- Oliveira SA, Cotaa WK, Nance MA, Watts RL, Hiner BC et al. Association study of Parkin gene polymorphisms with idiopathic Parkinson disease. Arch Neurol 2003 July;60(7):975-80
- Oliveira SA, Scott WK, Martin ER, Nance MA, Watts RL, Hiner BC et al. Parkin mutations and susceptibility alleles in late-onset Parkinson's disease. Ann Neurol 2003 May;53(5):624-9
- van der Walt JM, Nicodemus KK, Martin ER, Scott WK, Nance MA, Watts RL, Hubble JP, Jaines JL, Hiner BC et al. Mitochondrial polymorphisms significantly reduce the risk of Parkinson disease. Am J Hum Genet 2003 April;72(4):804-811
- van der Walt JM, Martin ER, Scott WK, Shang F, Nance MA, Watts RL, Hiner BC et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the N-acetyltransferase genes and risk of Parkinson's disease. Neurology 2003
- Li YJ, Scott WK, Hedges DJ, Zhang F, Gaskell PC, Nance MA, Watts RL, Hubble JP, Koller WC, Pahwa R, Stern MB, Hiner BC et al. Age at onset in two common neurodegenerative diseases is genetically controlled. Am J Hum Genet 2002 April;70(4):985-993
- Greenlee AR, Burmester JK, Hiner BC. Pesticide exposure, host susceptibility factors and risk of Parkinson's disease: an introduction to a work in progress. WMJ 2002;101(5):20-24
- Martin ER, Scott WK, Nance MA, Hiner BC, et al. Association of Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms of the Tau Gene with Late-Onset Parkinson Disease. JAMA 2001 November;286(18):2245-2250
- Scott WK, Nance MA, Watts RL, Hiner BC et al. Complete Genomic Screen in Parkinson Disease: Evidence for Multiple Genes. JAMA 2001 November;286(18):2239-2244
- Hiner BC. Too Many Treatments for Parkinson's Disease: Another Look. WMJ 2000 November;99(8):4-5 Hiner BC, Earnhart M. Ropinirole as Compared with Levodopa in Parkinson's Disease. NEJM 2000 September;343(12):884
- Hiner BC. Autonomic Complications of Parkinson's Disease. Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders: Diagnosis and Treatment for the Practicing Physician. Humana Press 2000:161-174