Jeffrey R. Binder, MD
Professor of Neurology
Professor of Cellular Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy
Professor of Biophysics
Director, Stroke and Neurobehavior Programs, Department of Neurology
Director, Language Imaging Laboratory, Department of Neurology
Interim Director, Functional Imaging Research Center
Specialty: Adult Neurology
- Behavioral Neurology
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, 1986
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 1987
- Resident, Neurology, The Neurological Institute of New York, Presbyterian Hospital; New York, NY, 1987-1990
- Fellow, Stroke and Behavioral Neurology, The Neurological Institute of New York, Presbyterian Hospital; New York, NY, 1990-1992
- American Academy of Neurology, 1987
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1993
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 1995
- Society for Neuroscience, 1995
- World Federation of Neurology - Research Group on Aphasia and Cognitive Disorders, 1996
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society, 1997
- Graduation with High Distinction, University of Nebraska, 1980
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1980
- Regents Scholarship, Universtiy of Nebraska Medical Center, 1983
- Michaelson Student Research Grant, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1985
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1985
Brief Clinical/Research Interest Statement:
"Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain," NIMH P01 MH51358-01A1 (Co-Investigator).
"Functional MRI of Human Brain Language Systems," NINDS RO1 NS33576-06 (J.R. Binder, P.I.).
"Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging During Auditory Language Processing," McDonnell-Pew Program in Cognitive Neuroscience, Grant No. 92-35. Total Direct Costs (1993-1995). 20% effort; Principal Investigator.
"Effects of Stimulus Rate, Intensity, and Duration on Functional Magnetic Resonance Signal Response," Medical College of Wisconsin Research Affairs Committee, Grant No. 1093-11. Total funding. Principal Investigator.
"Natural History of Neurobehavioral Dysfunction in MS," National Multiple Sclerosis Society Grant (S.M. Rao, P.I.). Total Direct Costs (1994-1997). 5% effort; Co-Investigator.
"Pre-surgical Localization of Language and Memory Cortex with Functional MRI," Charles A. Dana Foundation Clinical Hypotheses in Neuroscience Research Program. Direct Costs (1994-1997). 14% effort; Principal Investigator.
"A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Finding Efficacy Study of CNS 1102 in Patients with Acute Cerebral Ischemia," Cambridge Neuroscience, Inc. Total local costs (1995). 5% effort; Local Principal Investigator.
"Phase II/III Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of Two Doses of Intravenous Aptiganel Hydrochloride versus Placebo in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke," Boehringer Ingelheim, Inc. Total local costs (1996-1997). 5% effort; Local Principal Investigator.
"Clomethiazole Acute Stroke Study (CLASS-I, II, III)," Astra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Co-Investigator).