Kurt E. Hecox, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Neurology
Division of Pediatric Neurology
Specialty: Pediatric Neurology
- MD, PhD: University of California (San Diego, CA), 1970 - 1975
- Internship: Childrens Medical Center (Dallas, TX), Pediatrics, 1975 - 1976
- Residency: Parkland Memorial Hosp (Dallas, TX), Ped Neurology, 1976 - 1979
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI MD), 1994 - 1995
Brief Clinical/Research Interest Statement:
Dr. Hecox has longstanding interests in the sensory physiology of pain and audition, source localization algorithm, and clinical epilepsy. This work has generally involved the development of advanced methods or techniques for noninvasively measuring the activation of cerebral structures in humans and primates of all ages. This typically involves the adaptation of digital signal processing techniques to biological problems.
- Hunter J.D, Hanan DM, Singer BF, Shaikh S, Brubaker KA, Hecox KE, Towle VL. Locating chronically implanted subdural electrodes using surface reconstruction. Clin Neurophysiol. 2005 Aug;116(8):1984-7.