For detailed steps, view the eBridge registration process map (PDF).
Your password is your MCW Network Password.
- MCW-IS now has a Password Reset tool. You must be currently logged in to the MCW network to enroll with MCW-IS to activate this tool.
- If you have not enrolled with MCW-IS, to reset your password now, call MCW-IS Help Desk (414)-955-4357. Note that this is the same phone number as the MCW Information Services (IS) Help Desk.
Passwords cannot be reset through email. If no one is available to answer the call, leave a message with your phone number and a technician will return your call.
The most up to date recommendations are available from the eBridge link Computer Specifications. You can find this link at the lower right of the eBridge home page.
To log into your eBridge account from outside the MCW Campus, go to the eBridge site at http://ebridge.mcw.edu and select the Login link from the upper right-hand corner. There are two possible scenarios:
If you are prompted to enter a username and password, use your MCW username and password:
- Username: mcwcorp\username
(NOTE: enter mcwcorp\ in front of your username. Make sure to use a \ backslash)
Password: Your MCW Network Password
If you are prompted to enter a username, password, and domain dialog box, enter the following:
- Username: username
Password: Your MCW Network Password
Please contact the eBridge Help Desk if you need assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-955-4357
Ensure you meet the Browser Requirements
- If you receive the error message “Internet Explorer cannot display the web page”
Edit the browser security settings:
1. From your browser select Tools > Internet Options
2. Click on the Security tab, then choose 'Custom Level'
3. Scroll all the way down the list of options and check 'User authentication' setting
4. When offsite: select 'Prompt for user name and password'
When onsite: select 'Automatic logon with current user name and password'
- Clear the cache
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. From the toolbar at the top right section of your browser screen, select the following: Tools > Internet Options.
2. From the center of the popup box, select ‘Delete’ in the Browsing history section.
3. There are several options with check boxes. Select ‘Temporary Internet files’.
4. After putting a check mark in that box, select ‘Delete’.
5. That popup box closes and the original popup remains. Now select ‘OK’.
6. Close Internet Explorer (clears cookies that are still in memory from your current browsing session)
1. From the toolbar at the top left section of your screen, select the following: Tools > Options.
Versions prior to 5.0
2. Select the Advanced panel.
3. Click on the Network tab.
4. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
5. Click OK to close the Options Window.
Versions 5.0 and later
1. Go to the Firefox dropdown menu at the very upper left corner.
2. Select Options > Options. (2 subsequent choices with the same name)
3. Select the Advanced panel.
4. Click on the Network tab.
5. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
6. Click OK to close the Options Window.
View our MCW Submission Processing Statistics web page for the latest summaries of processing times.
Classroom and online training sessions are available for eBridge Users in the following modules:
- Animal Submissions
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Applications
- Human Research Projects
- Training for IRB Committee Members
- Funding Proposals
To register for a classroom session or choose from available online options, please visit eBridge Training.
The Medical College of Wisconsin has certified to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that the institution is compliant with 21 CFR Part 11, Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures.
21 CFR Part 11 (PDF)
In addition, only those who are registered are allowed access to eBridge.
The eBridge Help Desk provides support for the electronic submission and tracking system. Prior to contacting the eBridge Help Desk, either by phone or email, please have available all information relevant to your issue, including protocol/AUA/funding proposal numbers. In this way the Help Desk may assist you efficiently and correctly. Please note: for new registrations it may take up to 24 hours for an account to be created. In addition, non-MCW employee accounts need to be verified by the Principal Investigator. Please refer to Help Desk Tips below for more information regarding your first contact with the Help Desk.
Report an Issue
Please complete this form to report an eBridge issue.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Help Desk Tips
To better serve you and to expedite the request process, please have available the following information prior to contacting the Help Desk. You will receive a response to your initial inquiry within four hours (during standard business hours).
SmartForm ID: (What is the ID number?)
- Human Submissions ID (PRO, AME, CPR, RE)
- Animal Submissions ID (AUA, AA, AR)
- Funding Proposal ID (FP, BU)
- IBC Applications ID
Location: (Where are you in eBridge?)
- Section/Page Number
Problem/Guidance: (What were you doing or trying to do?)
- Description of issue
- What you were doing when the issue occurred
- Screen shot of error message, if applicable