May 14 - 16, 2010
This course has been designed to provide a comprehensive and practical update of diagnostic surgical pathology. The course is primarily designed for practicing surgical pathologists, particularly those involved in community practice. The course should also be of interest for pathologists-in-training, surgeons, oncologists, and other healthcare professionals.
Agenda topics that were presented throughout the duration of the course included:
- Gastrointestinal pathology
- Urologic pathology
- Gynecological pathology
- Pancreatic and Biliary Tract pathology
- Soft Tissue pathology
- Bone pathology
- Problem Cases in Surgical Pathology
At the conclusion of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Evaluate current criteria for diagnosis in various subspecialty areas of surgical pathology;
- Recognize the proper application of immunohistochemical and other molecular techniques for the diagnosis of problematic cases; and
- Become familiar with advances in terminology and classification of neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders.
To read more information, download the brochure (PDF).