Phone: 414-384-2000 x41637
Suhas H. Phadnis, PhD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Phadnis works at the VA Medical Center and is involved in molecular diagnostic assays in clinical lab and in pathology research.
- Molecular diagnostic assays
- H. pylori pathogenesis
- Post-doctoral research, Washington University Medical School (1983 - 1988)
- Research Associate, Washington University Medical School (1989-1994)
- Assistant Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin (1994 - present)
- Staff pathologist, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, (1994 - present)
- BS, PKV Akola, India (1973)
- MS, Pantnagar, India (1976)
- PhD, Molecular Biology, JNU, India (1983)
- Phadnis S.H., Ilver, D., Janzon, L., Normark S., and Westblom T.U. 1994. Pathological significance and molecular characterization of the vacuolating toxin gene of Helicobacter pylori.. Infect. Immun. 62:1557-1565.
- Phadnis, S.H., Parlow, M., Levy, M., Ilver, D., Caulkins, C., Connors, J.B., Dunn, B.E. 1996. Surface localization of Helicobacter pylori urease and a heat shock protein homolog requires bacterial autolysis. Infect. Immun. 64:905-912.
- Dunn, B.E., Vakil N.B., Schneider, B.G., Miller, M.M., Zitzer, J.B., Peutz, T. and Phadnis, S.H. 1997. Localization of Helicobacter pylori urease and heat shock protein in human gastric biopsies. Infect. Immun. 65:1181-1188.
- Dunn, B.E. and Phadnis S. H. 2005. Serodiagnosis of H. pylori infection and eradication. In: Manual of Clinical Laboratory Immunology,. ASM Press.