Mariko Suchi, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin
Staff Physician, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Dr. Suchi practices pediatric pathology at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, teaches pediatric gastroenterology fellows, and provides conferences to the department of pediatric gastroenterology. She also teaches pathology residents and medical school students and participates in various multidisciplinary conferences at the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, including tumor boards.
- Gastrointestinal diseases in children
- Pancreas of childhood diseases
- Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002 - 2005)
- Assistant Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin, (2005 - present)
- Staff Physician, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (2005 - present)
- MD, Nagoya City University Medical School (1983)
- PhD, Nagoya City University Medical School (1987)
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residency, University of Michigan Medical School (1996 - 2000)
- Pediatric Pathology fellowship, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, (2000 - 2002)
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Pediatric Pathology
- Suchi M, MacMullen C, Thornton PS, Ganguly A, Stanley CA, and Ruchelli ED.: Histopathology of congenital hyperinsulinism: A retrospective study with genotype correlations. Ped. Devel. Path. 6: 322-333, 2003.
- Suchi M, Thornton PS, Adzick NS, MacMullen C, Ganguly A, Stanley CA, and Ruchelli ED.: Congenital hyperinsulinism: Intraoperative biopsy interpretation can direct the extent of pancreatectomy. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 28: 1326-1335, 2004.
- Kawai Y, Moriyama A, Asai K, Coleman-Campbell CM, Sumi S, Morishita H, and Suchi M.: Molecular characterization of histidinemia: Identification of four missense mutations in the histidase gene. Human Genetics 116: 340-346, 2005.
- Suchi M, MacMullen C, Thornton PS, Adzick NS, Ganguly A, Ruchelli ED, and Stanley CA.: Molecular and immunohistochemical analyses of the focal form of congenital hyperinsulinism. Modern Pathology 19: 122-129, 2006
- A chapter on pancreatic pathology authored by Dr. Suchi will appear in the third edition of Pediatric Pathology edited by Stocker et al.