Resident & Fellow Research Activity
The goal of the Resident Research Program is to prepare residents to become confident in developing, conducting and presenting clinical and / or biomedical research. Residents in their second year of residency are required to begin the process of starting their research project.
Recent Resident Research Presentations
1) The Peril of Antibody Testing for Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia: A Case Report
William Kim, MD, Nicholas Ketchum, MD
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2) Health-related Quality of Life and Cancer-related Symptoms during Interdisciplinary Outpatient Rehabilitation for Malignant Brain Tumors
Sarah M. Eickmeyer, MD, Alex W.K. Wong, PhD, Samman Shahpar, MD, Susan Keeshin, MD, Michael Schmitt, BS, Patrick Semik, BA, Stacy McCarty, MD Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University
3) Delayed Diagnosis of a Posterior Superior Labral Tear with Associated Suprascapular Neuropathy: A Case Report Tara Mencias, MD and Thomas Kotsonis, MD Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4) Paraneoplastic Myelopathy as an Opportunity for Collaborative Palliative Rehabilitation: A Case Report
Erin M.C. Grimsby, MD1, Ann Catlett, MD2, William P. Waring III, MD1
1Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2Division of Hematology and Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5) Rehabilitation, Functional Status and Relationship to Re-hospitalization Rates in Patients with Hematologic Malignancy after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
Jacob Laine1, Sameer Siddiqui2, MD, Anita D’Souza1, MD, Oksana Sayko1, MD, and Sarah Eickmeyer1, MD 1)Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2) Transitional Year Program, Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Starting Your Own Adaptive Sports Program: Enhancing Community Reentry on behalf of Ken Lee, MD
Christina Jenner, MD & Jennifer Yacub Martin, MD
Poster Grand Rounds
Erin McGonigle, MD "Prostate-Specific Antigen Levels in Individuals with Chronic Spinal Cord Injury"
Amy Ford, DO "A Rare Cause of an Acute Episode of Intractable Spasticity in a Tetraplegic Patient"
Karin Goodfriend, MD "3 Cases of Severe Neuropathy Seen in Patients with Lymphoma after Treatment with Vincristine"
William Kim, MD "An Unique Case of Ulnar Nerve Schwannoma Causing Hand Paresthesias"
Tara Mencias, MD "Lytic Lesions from Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma as a Cause of Back Pain in a Patient with Carcinoid Tumor: A Case Report"