COMMITMENT AND OBJECTIVES OF RESIDENCY
The Medical College of Wisconsin PMR Residency is committed to developing outstanding clinical and academic physiatrists. The Program is committed to:
- Supporting the residents. The Residency assists and supports each resident in maintaining his/her well being; assisting in caring for and serving patients and families; and preparing for his/her future.
- State-of-the-art care and services. The Program assists the PMR Department, healthcare professionals, and others in providing state-of-the-art care and services for patients and families.
- Knowledge, skills, behavior, attitude. The Residency develops physiatrists that possess the competencies expected of an outstanding new practitioner.
- Desired in marketplace. The Program develops physiatrists that are desired in today's and tomorrow's marketplaces.
- Board certification. The Residency develops physiatrists that are able to pass the American Board of PMR general certification examination upon their initial attempt.
- Passionate professionalism. The Program develops physiatrists that are passionate about helping patients and families; enhancing their knowledge, skills, and careers; and advancing the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.