Lane closures around campus during the week of May 20
May 17, 2013 College News - Below is a list of lane closures around campus the week of May 20, 2013. All road work is subject to change because of weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Additional information about the Zoo interchange project and its impact on MCW and the campus can be found on the College’s Zoo interchange Web page.
Milwaukee Regional Medical Center remains accessible from all directions the week of May 20th. Note that these closures are weather dependent and subject to change. SPECIAL ALERT: There will be a FULL FREEWAY CLOSURE of I-94 at Rawson Avenue from 9pm May 17th to 9am May 19th to replace a storm sewer culvert pipe across the interstate. Project brief with more details on this closure (PDF)
From the North:
• No restrictions in effect.
From the South:
• Eastbound/westbound traffic on Wisconsin Avenue at HWY 100 will be shifted to the north side of the roadway until early July for storm sewer work.
From the East:
• Turning/parking lanes will continue to close intermittently during the day in all directions at the intersection of Glenview Avenue and Bluemound Road.
From the West:
• Early in the week, there will be single lane closures during the day on Watertown Plank Road eastbound and westbound from 84th Street to Innovation Drive for manhole inspection/utility work.
Greenfield Avenue Area:
• On Monday morning, the I-894/US45 NB exit ramp to Greenfield Ave will be closed through Tuesday afternoon for concrete paving.
• Watertown Plank Road: The Dept. of Transportation is currently coordinating with more than a dozen different utilities that require access to Watertown Plank Road to move or remove utility lines. The DOT is working jointly with them to minimize disruption of traffic on Watertown Plank Road. No utility work has been scheduled as of yet, but it is anticipated to start this month.
June 23rd to Aug. 6th : Glenview between Wisconsin and Bluemound fully closed
July 20th – July 31st: Full closure of the intersection of Hwy 100 and Bluemound Road
Aug. 1st – 10th: Full closure of Hwy 100 and Watertown Plank Road
Aug. 6th – 24th: Glenview and Wisconsin intersection fully closed