Research Presented in 2008
American Radium Society (ARS)
90th Annual Meeting
May 3-7, 2008
Dana Point, CA
- Clinical outcomes of patients receiving PET/CT-guided radiotherapy for head and neck carcinoma. MR Vernon, M Maheshwari, CJ Schultz MA Michel, SJ Wong, BH Campbell, BL Massey, JF Wilson, D Wang.
World Congress of Brachytherapy
American Brachytherapy Society (ABS), GEC/ESTRO, ALATRO, CBG-CARO, JASTRO, ABG and AROI-IBS
May 4-6, 2008
- Are we hitting the target and if not, can we safely alter the pear? T Kelly. B Erickson.
- Orthogonal film-based vs. 3D image-guided brachytherapy for cervical cancer: Does it make a difference to our patients? T Kelly, B Erickson.
American Society of Clinical Oncology
44th Annual Meeting
May 30-June 3, 2008
- A pilot phase II study of pre-operative radiation therapy/thalidomide for low grade primary soft tissue sarcoma or pre-operative MAID/thalidomide/radiation therapy for high/intermediate grade primary soft tissue sarcoma of the extremity or body. JM Kane, J Harris, WG Kraybill, DC Harmon, DS Ettinger, DR Lucas, TF DeLaney,D Wang, WJ Curran,J, BL Eisenberg. RTOG 0330
American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
50th Annual Meeting
July 27-31, 2008
- Use of megavoltage fluoroscopy and cone-beam CT for on-line verification during 4D/gated delivery. A Tai, J Christensen, E Gore, A Khamene, T Boettger, X.A. Li.
- A novel registration tool for large deformations for adaptive radiation therapy. A Godley, E Ahunbay, C Peng, J Christensen, XA Li.
- Interfraction dose variations for head and neck cancer assessed using daily kVCT. C Peng, E Ahunbay, C Wood, D Wang, XA Li.
- 3D tumor motion tracking using MV cone-beam acquisition with synchronized respiratory monitoring. J Christensen, A Tai, E Gore, XA Li.
- An online correction method for interfractional variations in head and neck cancer. E. Ahunbay, G. Chen, C. Peng, C. Schultz, XA Li.
- Can voxel based prescription dose be determined from multiple physiological MR modalities for brain tumors? E Ahunbay, C Schultz, XA Li.
- A method to implement rotational IMRT with single arc. G Chen, E Ahunbay, XA Li.
- MVCT-guided partial-breast irradiation in prone position: daily set-up uncertainty and dose variation. K Kainz, J White, XA Li.
- Impact of image quality on CT guided prostate radiotherapy. N Morrow, C Lawton, XA Li.
- Improved critical structure sparing with biologically-based treatment planning systems. S Qi, V Semenenko, K Kainz, XA Li.
- Impact of biological optimization on plan quality: An evaluation of a commercial planning system. V Semenenko, X. Qi, XA Li.
- Should a Gaussian probability density function be used to approximate respiration induced dosimetric effects for proton radiotherapy? J Zhao, G Sandison, J Farr, XA Li.
- Biologically based corrections for interfraction variations during prostate cancer radiation therapy. JH Park, XA Li, A Godley, RD Stewart.
- Outcome driven automatic treatment planning. XA Li.
American Society of Radiotherapy and Oncology (ASTRO)
50th Annual Meeting
September 21-25, 2008
- Semi-continuous low dose rate teletherapy for the treatment of recurrent glial brain tumors. ML Silker, S Firat, WM Mueller, CJ Schultz.
- A dosimetric comparison of conventional radiotherapy and helical tomotherapy for total body irradiation. SR Faught, S Firat, C Lawton, K Kainz.
- Dosimetric and technical aspects of lung cancer radiotherapy with respiratory motion management and CT-fluoroscopic image guidance. A Tai, J Christensen E Gore XA Li.
- Automated registration of large deformations for adaptive radiation therapy of prostate cancer. A Godley, E Ahunbay, C Peng, J Christensen, XA Li.
- PTV margin to account for deformation during prostate IGRT. C Peng, E Ahunbay, A Godley, C Lawton, XA Li.
- Multi-sensor measurement of external movement to improve correlation between external marker and internal motion for respiratory motion management during radiotherapy. J. Christensen, A Tai, X.A. Li.
- An aperture-morphing based online adaptive scheme for prostate radiotherapy. E. Ahunbay, G Chen, C Peng, A Godley, C. Lawton, X.A. Li.
- Characterization of interfraction changes and their dosimetric effects for prostate radiotherapy using daily kVCT. G Chen, C Peng, E Ahunbay, C Lawton, XA Li.
- Organ growth modeling for radiation treatment planning of pediatric patients. K Kainz, S Firat, XA Li.
- Radiobiological modeling for lung tumor volume regression during the course of radiotherapy. M Guerrero, C Ramsey, XA Li.
- IGRT with CT-on-Rails for prone breast irradiation. NV Morrow, J White, J Rownd, X.A. Li.
- Improved heart and lung sparing in whole breast irradiation with management of respiration motion. XS Qi, J White, J Herman, F Lopez, XA Li.
- Dosimetric comparison between head and neck IMRT plans generated using a biologically based and dose-based treatment planning systems. V Semenenko, XS Qi, M Daly, C Schultz, XA Li.
- Independent interfraction motion and deformation of pelvic nodes and prostate in image-guided concurrent irradiation of prostate and pelvic nodes. A Currey, E Ahunbay, C Peng, Y Chang, C Lawton, XA Li.
- Quantifying interfractional variations for head and neck cancer treatment based on daily kVCT to determine selection criteria for adaptive correction schemes. C Wood, E Ahunbay, C Peng, D Wang, C Schultz, XA Li.
- QRRO: Shifting the focus to practice quality improvement in radiation oncology. C Crozier, B Erickson, J Owen, JF Wilson.
- A Novel approach using vertebral intracavitary cement and samarium (VICS) for painful vertebral metastases. H Ashamalla, E Cardoso,S Rafla, L Weng, MJ Macedon, A Guirguis, B Mokh tar, C Ikoro, N Panigrahi.
- Contribution of PET/CT in radiation therapy treatment planning for rectal cancer in the neoadjuvant setting. MJ Macedon, J Emmolo, J, Guirguis, H Ashamalla.
- The effects of comorbidity and age in patient selection for RTOG study enrollment in stage III non-small cell lung cancer patients eligible for RTOG studies. S Firat, RW Byhardt, E Gore.
- A dosimetric comparison of conventional radiotherapy and helical tomotherapy (HT) for total body irradiation (TBI) in infants.SR Faught, CA Lawton, S Firat.
- High negative predictive value of FDG-PET/CT in assessment of tumor response following radiation treatment for head and neck carcinoma. T Zundel, M Michel, C Schultz, M Maheshwari, S Wong, B Campbell, B Massey, J Blumin, JF Wilson, D Wang.
- Semi-continuous low dose rate (LDR) teletherapy for the treatment of recurrent glial brain tumors: Final report of a phase I/II study. ML Siker, S Firat, WM Mueller CJ Schultz.
- Evolutionary phases in quality research in radiation oncology over the last 35 years. JF Wilson, J Owen.
Radiation Research Society
54th Annual Meeting
September 21-24, 2008
- Rapid internal dosimetry with invasive imaging. C Peng, E Ahunbay, R Hellman, XA Li.
Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO)
13th Annual Meeting
November 20-23, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
- Predictive value of HMLH1 after adjusting for RPA class in patients with GBMs treated on RTOG protocols. A Choucari, J Moughan, C Ford, J Hansen, C Schultz, A Schulsinger, E Hammond, M Mehta, W Curran.
Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
94th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting
November 30 - December 5, 2008
- Low Dose Neoadjuvant External Beam Radiation Therapy for Soft Tissue Sarcoma. K Devisetty, W Kobayashi, HD Suit, SI Goldberg, A Niemierko, YE Chen FJ Hornicek, SS Yoon, TF DeLaney.