Office of Radiation Safety

EmailEmail    |   Bookmark Page Bookmark  |   RSS Feeds RSS  |   Print Page Print  

Application for Non-Clinical Research


A Note to All Researchers:  The purpose of this page is to help guide applicants through the radiation safety approval process.  To get information on the complete process of beginning research at MCW please see the Office of Research webpage Research Resources.


Non-Clinical Research


Research use of radiation produced by machines (x-ray diffraction unit, x-ray irradiator) or radioactive material (unsealed radioactive isotopes, sealed source irradiator).


Radioactive Material

Will radiation be used under the authorization of someone currently approved by ORS to use radiation? 



NO - (choose from below)

You may submit an application to use radioactive material concurrently with an IACUC or IBC application above.


Radiation Machines (X-Ray, X-Ray Diffraction, CT, Orthovoltage)

Application for Analytical X-Ray

To apply for all other X-Ray equipment


Clinical Research


Research use that involves radiation produced by machines (Linac, X-Ray, CT, Bone Densitometer, Fluoroscopy, etc.) or radioactive material (unsealed radioactive isotopes, Gamma Knife, HDR, Eye Plaque, etc.) please visit the ORS webpage for Clinical Research Applications.

Contact Us

MCW Offices M0760 (basement, Medical Education Building)

Froedtert Offices Froedtert Pavilion, L760B (in the Women's Health Initiative Clinic area)
© 2014 Medical College of Wisconsin
Page Updated 07/29/2014