Joseph J. Budovec, MD
Associate Professor of Radiology
Section of Abdominal Imaging
Division of Diagnostic Radiology
• American Board of Radiology - Certified Diagnostic Radiology
• Radiology Department at Froedtert & Medical College Clinics, (414) 805-3700
• Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
• Medical College Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Diagnostic Radiology
Awards and Honors:
• 06/2006, Dodds Research Award
• 04/2007, SCBT-MR Cum Laude Award
Peer Reviewed Workshops / Presentations:
• Budovec J, Bogardus ST, Holmboe E. Using the Number-Needed-to-Treat (NNT) to Guide Therapeutic Decisions: Patient Perceptions. Society of General Internal Medicine National Meeting, Boston, MA, April 2000.
• Budovec J, Sudakoff GS, Dzwierzynski WW, Matloub HS, Sanger JR. Sonographic differentiation of digital tendon rupture from adhesive scarring after primary surgical repair. American Roentgen Ray Society, Vancouver, BC, May 2006.
• Budovec J, Thibault JB, Foley W. Interactive Reconstruction Algorithm for Multidetector Computed Tomography Decreases Image Noise and Improves Image Quality. Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance, Charleston, SC, April 2008.
• Budovec J, Wu W, Foley W. Prospective and Retrospective EKG Gating for Thoracic CT Angiography: A Comparative Study. Radiological Society of North America Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, Nov 2008.
• Update on multidetector computed tomography angiography of the abdominal aorta. (Boduvec JJ et al.) Radiol Clin North Am 2010 Mar;48(2):283-309, viii
• Evidence-based radiology: a primer in reading scientific articles. (Budovec JJ et al.) AJR Am J Roentgenol 2010 Jul;195(1):W1-4
• Prospective and retrospective ECG gating for thoracic CT angiography: a comparative study. (Wu W et al.) AJR Am J Roentgenol 2009 Oct;193(4):955-63
• Sonographic differentiation of digital tendon rupture from adhesive scarring after primary surgical repair. (Budovec JJ et al.) J Hand Surg Am 2006 Apr;31(4):524-9