Community Engagement Week
The Office of the Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement and the Community Engagement Core host an annual Community Engagement Week conference, putting focus on a particular community engaged or community-relevant topic or theme while bringing together academic and community partners for discussion, education and action. In sessions to facilitate education, networking, recognition and promotion of Community Engagement we aim to strengthen community and academic collaboration around health by exploring and growing our common ground to improve the lives of Wisconsin Communities. Here are some key events that take place during the week:
- The President’s Community Engagement Award Reception: A reception to recognize students, staff, faculty and community partners, and presents them with an award for their exemplary work in community engagement.
View the 2017 award recipients
- Community Engagement Poster Session: A forum for CEnR practitioners, graduate and medical students, staff members, pipeline program students and community partners to present their community engagement work in a traditional poster session format.
- Volunteer Opportunity: A special session providing MCW faculty, staff and students an opportunity to serve the community, in partnership with local foods banks and the United Way, by making sandwiches over a lunch hour to be distributed by local food banks in the Milwaukee area.
View 2017 Make a Lunch volunteer opportunity highlight video
The Medical College of Wisconsin's annual Community Engagement Week is tailored for MCW faculty, practitioners, staff, students as well as local community organizations. By attending the variety of activities and presentations offered by this conference, participants will:
- Gain a better, overall, awareness of community engagement programs and research effort
- Discuss community issues and lessons learned from engagement within different settings/populations
- Network, collaborate and explore current and potential opportunities for community engagement
- Learn how community engagement can be integrated into all of MCW’s Missions and beyond
- Expand the community engagement efforts and reach locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Recognize the recipients of the President’s Community Engagement Award and highlight their work within the community
Medical College of Wisconsin
Office of Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement
Oakwood Center, Suite 2400
10361 Innovation Drive, Suite 2400
P.O. Box 26509
Milwaukee, WI 53226-0509
Maps & Directions