Community Engagement Liaison Program
MCW's Community Engagement (CE) Mission:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is dedicated to leadership and excellence through Community Engagement and the partnering with public and private organizations to enhance learning, research, patient care and the health of the community.
Definition of Community Engagement:
Community engagement describes collaboration between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity.
View Community Engagement Definitions (PDF)
To build a communication network through MCW for departments to connect directly to resources and initiatives to support MCW's Community Engagement Mission.
View CE Liaison Roles and Responsibilities (PDF)
Summary of Duties for Liaisons:
- Serve as point of contact for the Office of Community Engagement regarding Community Engagement Liaison Program activities.
- Serve as a point of contact for your department staff, faculty and students, providing information about the Community Engagement Mission, and referring staff and faculty to contact the Office of the Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement as is appropriate.
- Share information bi-directionally with the Office of Community Engagement about Community Engagement programs and activities.
- Promote engagement and participation in Community Engagement initiatives and activities sponsored by MCW and the Office of Community Engagement.
- Attend Liaison Program Meetings (2-4 meetings per year).