Dr. Shaker is an endocrinologist with interests in calcium and bone disorders. He is a co-founder of the Wisconsin Bone Club, an annual two-day meeting that features speakers and attendees in the fields of endocrinology and rheumatology in addition to other specialists interested in bone and calcium disorders. He has authored or co-authored 40 journal articles and 39 scientific abstracts.
His research interests include high or low blood calcium and parathyroid disorders, osteoporosis associated with intestinal disease or surgery, and calcium and bone disorders. Dr. Shaker is a member of the editorial boards of Endocrine Practice and the Journal of Clinical Densitometry. He is on the board-of-directors of the Paget Foundation for Paget’s Disease of Bone and Related Disorders and has served on the board-of-directors of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Paget's Disease of bone
- Parathyroid and Calcium Disorders
- Vitamin D Disorders
Joined Medical College of Wisconsin
- Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA, 1980
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA, 1983
- Fellowship in Endocrinology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 1987
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Internal Medicine