Pharmacy Databases: MCW Libraries Featured Resource
Welcome School of Pharmacy Students!
Aug. 2, 2017 - This month we are featuring two of the new pharmacy databases that have been licensed to support the new School of Pharmacy. We would like to extend a special welcome to the new School of Pharmacy students who begin their studies in August. Please see the Pharmacy Resources guide for information about additional resources and services.
APhA PharmacyLibrary features content from American Pharmacists Association (APHA) textbooks, an interactive NAPLEX® review, a collection of Active Learning Exercises, case studies, and professional news. PharmacotherapyFirst is a new resource using case studies and assessments along with concise evidence-based information. It is organized to enable students and practitioners alike to retain, recall, build upon, and apply their knowledge of pharmacotherapy.
Natural Medicines is an evidence-based database of information on the safety and effectiveness of natural medicines and alternative therapies:
- 1,200+ monographs on natural ingredients
- 200+ monographs on complementary and alternative treatments
- Interaction Checker: check interactions between all drugs and 90,000+ commercial dietary supplements and natural ingredients
- Adverse Effects Checker
- Effectiveness Checker: quick comparison of the effectiveness of different natural medicines for a specific condition
- Nutrient Depletion Checker
- Pregnancy and Lactation Checker
- Easy-to-understand Natural Medicines Brand Evidence-based Rating (NMBER) System
For more information, contact the Medical College of Wisconsin Libraries at (414) 955-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.