The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery provides care for patients at Froedtert Hospital, Children's Hospital of WI, and Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center. Services provided by the division include:
- Surgical Treatment of the Temporomandibular Joint
- Dentoalveolar and Preprosthetic Surgery
- Orthognathic and Corrective Jaw Surgery
- Maxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction
- Management of Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Jaw and Face
- Surgical Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and related sleep disorders
The goals of the division are to provide tertiary care to our community, to engage clinical research and to educate residents.
Collaborative research studies involve:
- Quality of Life research for cancer survivors
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Microscopic repair of sensory nerves
- Distraction osteogenesis
The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the fusion of a clinical practice and a residency training program. This unique style provides state-of-the-art care while ensuring that care remains exceptional and individualized.
Specialty services offered include:
- Dental Implants
- Artificial Tooth Replacement, Bone Loss Prevention
- Wisdom Teeth, Complex Surgical Extractions
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Oral Pathology
- Benign and Malignant Jaw and Facial Tumors
- TMJ Surgery
- Orthognathic Surgery (Jaw)
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cleft Palate, Pathology (Benign and Malignant), Facial Trauma
The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery has continued to be distinguished nationally in the use of distraction osteogenesis, maxillomandibular advancement for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, the repair of injuries to sensory and motor nerves, and surgeries to the temporomandibular joint ranging from arthroscopy to total joint replacement.
Our division works closely with other divisions and departments to provide optimum care for the patient, as well as the best educational experience for the residents. It is our goal to cultivate a perfect blend of community service through clinical practice, to facilitate the unremitting quest for knowledge via clinical research, and to foster young minds through mentorship and teaching.
Medical College of Wisconsin
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
9200 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Center for Advanced Care 5th Floor
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 259-9115 (Fax)