Welcome to the Section of Genetics
Donald Basel, MD
Section Chief, Genetics Center
Welcome to the Section of Medical Genetics in the Department of Pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin. The section is committed to providing compassionate clinical care of the highest quality to our patients and to improve the health of the communities we serve. The section is focused on new therapies for genetic disorders, bringing cutting-edge diagnostics in genomic medicine and interdisciplinary care for patients in Wisconsin and through our academic activities to patients nationally. We are actively engaged in the education and development of the next generation of physicians and scientists. We invite you to explore the links describing our activities.
- Pediatric service includes general genetics, Newborn Screening follow-up, metabolic, hereditary connective tissue (HCT), cleft palate, neurofibromatosis (NF) RASopathy, phenylketonuria (PKU), sickle cell, genomic medicine, muscular dystrophy, cystic fibrosis, and Wisconsin outreach clinics.
- Adult service includes general genetics, phenylketonuria (PKU), metabolic, genomic medicine, prenatal & maternal fetal care, hereditary connective tissue (HCT), and Wisconsin outreach clinics.
- Multidisciplinary service includes neurofibromatosis (NF) RASopathy, cleft palate and velocardiofacial.
- Research and Testing is conducted in the Human and Molecular Genetics Center, Advanced Genomics (AGEN), Fatty Acid Oxidation Disorder and Developmental & Neurogenetics laboratories.
Medical Genetics Center
Medical College of Wisconsin
Department of Pediatrics
8701 Watertown Plank Road
P.O. Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
(414) 266-2979 | Fax: (414) 266-1616
Pediatrics Genetics Site Map