Located on the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center Grounds, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is one of the leading centers for pediatric health care in the United States. The hospital provides inpatient care, including transport of critically ill or injured children and intensive care services, and more than 70 specialty outpatient clinics that care for the full range of pediatric health care needs.
- 306 beds, 72 ICU beds, 69 bed NICU
- Level 1 trauma center
- More than 23,000 admissions a year
- More than 21,000 surgical procedures were performed at Children’s and our Surgicenter
- The Emergency Department/Trauma Center has some of the highest volumes in the country, treating nearly 66,000 children
- Parents magazine ranked Children's Hospital of Wisconsin #4 in the nation. In addition, six specialty programs were ranked in the top 10, including preemie and newborn care #1, emergency care #3, orthopedic care #6, heart care #7, pulmonary care #8 and cancer care #9
Located on the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center Grounds, Froedtert Hospital is the only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center in Eastern Wisconsin.
- More than 2,500 physicians who practice at Froedtert Hospital are Medical College of Wisconsin faculty members
- US News & World Report's annual Best Hospitals list ranks Froedtert Hospital #1 in metropolitan Milwaukee and #2 in Wisconsin, and among the nation's top 50 hospitals in 12 specialties. The recognition places these programs among the top three percent in the country.
- Level 1 trauma center; 772 staffed inpatient beds including 96 intensive care unit beds
- 38,260 admissions in 2013
- More than 21,000 births annually
- More than 100,000 ER visits annually
- More than 950,000 outpatient clinic visits annually
The Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center is located on 125 acres on the western edge of Milwaukee, six miles southeast of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center Grounds. The Medical Center delivers primary, secondary, and tertiary medical care in 168 acute care beds and provides over 440,000 outpatient visits annually through an extensive primary care network.
- Regional tertiary care center for VA system
- Nursing home care unit of 113 beds offers geriatric programming
- 356 domiciliary beds for substance abuse rehabilitation, psychiatric rehabilitation and post-traumatic stress disorder care
- Newly remodeled/updated primary care clinics and wards
- National VA electronic medical record/online order system