The Periscope Project
The PERInatal Specialty COnsult Psychiatry Extension Project
The Periscope Project is a free resource for health care providers caring for perinatal women struggling with mental health and/or substance use disorders.
Learn more about the program and the services offered by watching "The Periscope Project" video
The Periscope Project was created in 2017 to fill the critical gap between statewide depression screenings initiatives and the lack of perinatal psychiatric treatment services in Wisconsin. Designed for health care professionals, The Periscope Project provides:
- Provider to provider teleconsultation with a perinatal psychiatrist specializing in mental health conditions and substance use disorders during the perinatal period. Consultation services are available to eligible health care providers weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST.
- Community resource information on appropriate services for additional treatment and support.
- Free online provider education including downloadable toolkits and presentations.
The program is available to Wisconsin based health care providers treating women of childbearing age. Providers are encouraged to enroll in the program for easy access to specialty consultations at no added cost.
- Access to specialty knowledge covering diagnosis and treatment of perinatal psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- Educational opportunities for health care providers to build their capacity to effectively manage care for their perinatal patients.
- By offering resources to assist health care providers in treating their pregnant and postpartum patients, The Periscope Project reduces health disparities and increases healthy birth outcomes.
Interested in learning more? Visit The Periscope Project website or call the provider teleconsultation line at (877) 296-9049.
The Periscope Project is a program of the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine made possible through financial support of United Health Foundation for the Project’s launch.