On April 12, the opening talk will be held in MFRC 3075 followed by poster presentation and refreshments in MFRC 2063 at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The full day of April 13 will be held in the Blood Research Institute Seminar Room at the BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Preparation of slides:
- The aspect ratio in the BRI seminar room is 16:9 (widescreen).
- Name the file with your last name. Do not use any passwords or encryption for your file.
- Practice your presentation, ensuring it does not exceed the time allotted for your talk and taking questions from the audience.
- If possible, please email your presentation to MCWRedoxSymp@mcw.edu by noon on Thursday, April 12, so that it can be given to the projectionist before the event on April 13.
- Alternatively, bring it on a USB stick, which has been labeled with your last name, and hand deliver it to Jane Thelaner during registration on April 12 or 13.
At the symposium:
- Please plan to arrive at the Blood Research Institute seminar room before 8:15 a.m on Friday, April 13, to ensure that your presentation loaded correctly, especially if your presentation:
- contains links to audio or video
- is on a personal laptop
- was created on a Mac
- Wireless slide advancers and laser pointers will be available at the podium.
- Once you have submitted your talk, please do not ask the A/V projectionist to edit your file.
- The moderator will introduce your presentation, monitor its length, and signal when you have 2 minutes left. In order to stay on schedule, moderators are requested to stop speakers who exceed their presentation slot time limit.
- All files loaded to the venue’s system will be handled with the strictest confidence. At the conclusion of the symposium, all presentations will be deleted from the system, and copies will not be made available to anyone.
Preparation of posters:
- All presenting authors are required to register for the symposium.
- Posters dimensions should not exceed 44” x 44”.
- Text and graphics should be designed for clear viewing from a distance of 5’ and by multiple people at once.
At the symposium:
- Posters may be hung on the bulletin boards lining the 2nd floor of the MFRC, any time after 9:00 am on Thursday, April 12. Thumbtacks will be available on each board.
- The poster session will be held on Thursday, April 12 between approximately 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm in the Department of Biophysics.
- The presenting author should remain near his/her poster for the duration of the session, to discuss findings and respond to questions.
- Posters not removed by their authors by the end of the poster session will be taken down by the organizers, and no responsibility can be taken for their safe return.
Questions? Please feel free to contact:
MCWRedoxSymp@mcw.edu, or Jane Thelaner at 955-4002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View printable guidelines (PDF)
The organizing committee is pleased to offer two Young Investigator Awards for best poster presentation. Posters will be judged by a subcommittee during the poster session on Thurs., April 12, and winners will be announced during the Symposium on Fri., April 13. Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and research staff are eligible for this award.