The Division of Vascular Surgery has active clinical, educational, and research programs at Froedtert Hospital, the Zablocki VA Medical Center, and the Medical College of Wisconsin. The clinical programs cover the gamut of vascular surgery and provide excellent educational experiences for medical students, general surgery residents, and vascular fellows. Seven full-time clinical faculty, Drs. Gary Seabrook, Shahriar Alizadegan, Kellie Brown, Brian Lewis, Cheong Jun Lee, Michael Malinowski, Peter Rossi, and Max Wohlauer comprise this division. In addition, Charles Edmiston, PhD, who serves as Froedtert Hospital's Epidemiologist, is a member of this division. The faculty work very closely together with respect to clinical programs, the vascular diagnostic laboratory at each hospital, and the research program. Research activities focus on the pathogenesis of arterial and venous disease, endovascular surgery, and chronic wounds.
MCW on the RADIO
Join us on Saturday, November 25 at 3 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the fourth program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
Our fourth program is devoted to bariatric surgery and the management of obesity.
The panel of experts joining Dr. Evans are:
- Dr. Rana Higgins, bariatric surgery in the Division of General Surgery
- Dr. Vidya Kidambi, endocrinologist in the Division of Endocrinology
- Kate Glasenapp, adult nurse practitioner in the Division of Endocrinology
- Dr. Tammy Kindel, surgeon-scientist in the Division of General Surgery
- Dr. Kathryn Lauer, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs in the Department of Anesthesiology and Chief of Staff at Froedtert Hospital
View additional programs