Mary Beth Ponzo, PT, DPT, MS
Program Manager, SpineCare
MS, Physical Therapy, Finch University of Health Sciences, The Chicago Medical School, 1996
Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Sciences (formerly Finch University of Health Sciences), 2005
Mary Beth Ponzo, PT, DPT, MS is the Program Manager for Rehabilitation Services for the Froedtert/Medical College of Wisconsin SpineCare.
Dr. Ponzo has been a practicing physical therapist for over 30 years. Past clinical experience has been varied and includes a strong background in musculoskeletal orthopedic spine rehabilitation, pain management, women’s health, administration, and program development. Dr. Ponzo is a certified Pilates instructor and incorporates Pilates principals into her patient’s rehabilitation program. This type of programing can facilitate a patient’s safe transition back to a community based Pilates program which encourages ongoing health maintenance.
In her current position, Dr. Ponzo is actively involved in the care of patients with spine related disorders and community education. Administratively, she is involved in ongoing clinical and operational development, including processes related to capturing clinical outcomes, for the SpineCare clinic.
Patient care focus
- Spinal and musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Women’s Health rehabilitation
- Pilates principals and exercise in rehabilitation
- American Physical Therapy Association, Women’s Health and Orthopedic section member
- Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association
- North American Spine Society
- Spine Universe, Editorial Topic Board member