Contracts and Benefits
Stipends for 2022-2023 (reviewed annually)
The Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program provides $500 CME funds that may be used for conferences and books.
Vacation: 15 Workdays annually
Illness: 5 Workdays annually
Education days: 5 Workdays annually
Leave of Absence: Available in accordance with the MCWAH Leave of Absence policy and the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act with prior approval of the program director. Leave of absence may alter the advancement and/or graduation date in accordance with the time away allowed by the ABFM and the program’s leave policy.
Coverage is provided through the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (MCWAH) for a monthly fee. These include:
- Dental Plans
- Health and Prescription Plans
- Life and Accidental Death
- Long Term Disability
Professional Liability Insurance
Coverage is provided at no cost to residents.
- Continuing medical education funds
- Fully funded Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Life Support Obstetrics (ALSO), and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications
- Laptops for use throughout residency program
- Meal cards for call shifts
- Paid American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians (WAFP) memberships
- Orientation pay for session prior to contracted start date
Resident contracts are issued annually and outline the resident requirements, salary and benefits and renewal information. View the GME Training Agreement (GMETA) (PDF) for details.