JAMAevidence | MCW Libraries Featured Resource
MCW Libraries recently acquired a subscription to JAMAevidence from McGraw-Hill Education. JAMAevidence is an online medical resource with guides and resources that help decision-makers identify the best available evidence by providing guides to the systematic consideration of the validity, importance, and applicability of claims about the assessment of health problems and the outcomes of health care.
Textbooks available in JAMAevidence include:
- Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice, 3e
- JAMA Guide to Statistics and Methods
- The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis
- Care at the Close of Life: Evidence and Experience
Key Features of JAMAevidence:
- Online Education Guide to enhance classroom and conference learning.
- Exclusive online-only content including podcasts and searchable glossary.
- Interactive features including functional calculators and customizable critical appraisal worksheets and information cycle worksheets.
Set a MyAccess Profile to get unlock key features of Access products.
- Work through challenging patient cases
- Create and take quizzes for board review
- Bookmark favorite content such as videos, images, tables, and chapters to view later
- Organize important content in folders
- Browse recently viewed content
- Download multiple images to PowerPoint with citations and references automatically populated.
How to Set Up Your MyAccess Profile in 3 Easy Steps
- Start out at any Access product homepage. You must be using a proxied link if you are off-campus.
- Click on your institution’s or organization’s name in the upper right-hand corner of any page. Once there, click on “Create a Free MyAccess Profile.”
- In the pop-up window, click “Create a Free MyAccess Profile.” Complete the registration form and select “Create Profile.”
Congratulations! You are ready to enjoy the benefits of a MyAccess Profile.
Helpful Tip: To keep your MyAccess Profile active, you must sign into your profile every 90 days while either on-site or through your institution’s proxied links.
Questions about using JAMAevidence? Contact MCW Libraires.