Our training program was established to provide outside users with training in many areas of EPR spectroscopy. Lists of available equipment are provided on our Facilities page. We are happy to assist with sample preparation and data analysis, and provide experience running our spectrometers. Past visitors to the EPR Center have used the opportunity to train on a new machine, gain experience in sample preparation, and learn about spectral simulation programs. Training in EPR technology development also is available. Visits are encouraged from individuals with all levels of EPR knowledge.
Stipends in the amount of $500 are given out to first-time visitors to help defray the cost of travel to the EPR Center.
- Please first discuss the proposed experiments with a National Biomedical EPR Center faculty.
- Submit a short, written abstract of the proposed work and the need for training at the EPR Center via email.
- After your proposal is reviewed, you will be contacted to set up mutually agreeable dates for visiting the EPR Center. Typically, we will arrange hotel accommodations for you.
- At the end of the training visit, you will be asked to provide a summary of the experiments carried out.
- Visitors are requested to report any publications that wholly or in part involve work carried out at the EPR Center. Any such publications should cite the EPR Center grant: NIH P41 EB001980. In addition, authors are required to demonstrate compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy by securing a PMCID number for each paper citing the Center’s support.
- Hotel accommodations will be booked and paid for in advance, and any of the remaining $500 stipend will be put toward other applicable travel expenses payable upfront. We cannot reimburse travel expenses after the visit.