SfRBM Regional & MCW Redox Biology Symposium
Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, WI
2020 Regional Redox Symposium / Postponed Due to COVID-19 Concerns
SfRBM and MCW have decided to postpone the upcoming Redox Biology Symposium that was scheduled for June 26-27, 2020, in Milwaukee, WI. Based on the latest guidance from public health officials and the institutional travel bans impacting speakers and attendees, we believe that postponing is the correct course of action. We anticipate rescheduling this program at MCW in Summer 2021.
The fifth annual SfRBM Regional Redox Symposium will be hosted by the MCW Redox Biology Program. The symposium will consist of two days of state-of-the-art research talks, both invited and chosen from submitted abstracts.
In addition, a pre-symposium MCW Regional Redox Workshop will include a morning of didactic introduction to redox biology, focusing on the biological chemistry of reactive species and how to detect them, and an afternoon of hands-on practical experience.
- Ines Batinic-Haberle, PhD, Duke University School of Medicine
- Eduardo Chini, MD, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- Victor Darley-Usmar, PhD, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Cristina M. Furdui, PhD, Wake Forest School of Medicine
- David Harrison, MD, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Melissa Teoh-Fitzgerald, PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Ming Xian, PhD, Washington State University
- Immunology and Inflammation
- Metabolomics and Metabolism
- Redox Systems
- Pre-symposium hands-on workshop for graduate trainees
- Poster Sessions from submitted abstracts
- Awards for outstanding posters
Each practical session will be limited to a maximum of five participants and the workshop is limited to 20 attendees.
- Trainee (Symposium Only) - $100
- Trainee (Workshop Only) - $150
- Trainee (Symposium + Workshop) - $200
- Senior Faculty - $150
Presenting authors of eligible abstracts will be invited to share their research as a poster presentation.
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226