Select students who demonstrate an interest in science and medicine will have:
- Interactive sessions with MCW medical and graduate students, practicing physicians, and other health professionals.
- An early exposure to a variety of experiences to inspire their pursuit of a careers in medicine and science.
- Extensive learning modules that are engaging and grade level appropriate given their current foundation and scientific knowledge.
- Hands-on demonstrations of basic biomedical and clinical science teaching topics.
- Six half-day sessions held on one Saturday per month throughout the academic school year.
- Parental Information and resource sessions.
- Personal Development - helps to give students the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy, independent lives and to become informed, active, and responsible citizens.
- Professional Development - The curriculum aims help students develop the goals, skills, and attributes necessary for success as a student, an applicant to a professional program, and a career professional.
- Hands on activities - help students develop problem and critical thinking skills, as well as gain exposure to reactions, materials, and equipment in a lab setting.Preparation for the next step - students will be given resources and instructions to help prepare them for high school.
- Preparation for the Next Step - Students will be given resources and instructions to help prepare them for high school.
We believe parent support and participation translates to active and engaged students. Parental sessions will:
- Provide workshops and training materials for parents on how to improve their child’s study skills or learning in various academic subjects.
- Engage families in opportunities to work with their children in setting their academic, college and career goals.
- Provide interaction with community partners, MCW staff, faculty, and students to share resources for parents at orientation.
- Orientation: November 6, 2021
- December 11, 2021
- January 29, 2022
- February 12, 2022
- March 12, 2022
- April 2, 2022
Attendance is mandatory for each session.