MCW Pathways Program Bibliography 2015
MCW Pathways – Faculty/Program Bibliography (Exclusive of student scholarly products – see student bibliography)
- Meurer LN, Young S, Meurer JR, Johnson S, Gilbert I, Diehr S. The Urban and Community Health Pathway: Preparing socially responsive physicians through community-engaged learning. Am J of Prev Med. Sept. 2011.
- Simpson DE, Meurer LN, Braza D: Meeting the Scholarly Project Requirement—Application of Scholarship Criteria beyond Research [Rip Out]. 2012 March; 4(1): 111–112. doi: 10.4300/JGME-D-11-00310.1.
- Meurer LN, Diehr S: Community Engaged Scholarship – Meeting Scholarly Project Requirements while Advancing Community Health [Rip Out]. J Grad Med Educ. 2012 September; 4(3): 385–386. doi: 10.4300/JGME-D-12-00164.1.
- Brousseau DC, Harder DR. Integration of the Medical College of Wisconsin Physician Scientist pathway and summer research research programs to increase medical student research skills (PDF) Med Sci Educ 2013; 23(1S):84-87.
- Ferguson C, Lamb G. A Scholarly Pathway in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety. Academic Medicine. Epub ahead of print, June 2, 2015.
- Kuehnel N, Huettl AN, Lye PS, Simpson D. Individual Learning Plans for Medical Students in a Clinician Educator Pathway. Ambulatory Pediatrics Association Region VI Fall Meeting, 2011.
- Prisco A, Ford C, Humphrey S, Simpson D. Recipe for Success: What Influences Student Accomplishment in Pathway Projects? AAMC Annual Meeting – OSR Section, 2011.
- Sheets L, Prisco A, Ford C, Simpson D. Pathways to Public Health: Integrating Public Health into the Medical School Curriculum. AAMC Annual Meeting – OSR Section, 2011.
- Meurer LN, Young S, Meurer JR, Johnson S, Gilbert I, Seal DW. The Urban and Community Health Pathway: Preparing socially responsive physicians through community-engaged learning. A poster presentation for the CDC/AAMC sponsored Patients and Populations: Public Health in Medical Education Conference; Cleveland OH, September 2010.
- Young S. & Meurer LN: The Urban and Community Health Pathway: Applying Population Health Concepts into Medical Education. International Conference on Urban Health: New York. October, 2010.
- Meurer LN, Brousseau D, Lye P, Duthie E, Kron M, Simpson D, Marcdante K: MCW Pathways Program: Five Paths to the 4 Carnegie “I’s”. AAMC GEA Poster Session, Denver CO. November 2011. Also available through the AAMC iCollaborative – MedEd Portal:
- Meurer LN, Havas N, Nelson DA, Orgill B. Incorporating The Breadth of Family Medicine Scholarship Into Medical Education Through a Pathways Program. STFM Conference on Medical Student Education, San Antonio TX, January 2013.
- Nelson DA, Patterson L, Nelson K, Pyne E, Bastani D, Roensch K, Gronseth A, Meurer LN. Medical Student-Driven, Faculty-Mentored Community Engagement in Research: Clinical Care, Education, and Community Health Implications. Lecture-Discussion for STFM Annual Spring Meeting, Baltimore MD, May 2013.
- Hyun-Hee K, Brousseau D, Spellecy R. Student-led Research Review Panel: An Alternative to IRB Review. American Society for Bioethics and Humanities Annual Meeting. Oct 2013.
- Wolfson R, Meurer LN, Beach MC, Zier K, Bierer B. Presentation and Panel Discussion for the Scholarly Concentration Collaborative: Building a Better Scholarly Concentration Experience. AAMC Annual Meeting, November, 2014. Chicago IL.
- Meurer LN. Urban and Community Health Pathway. “Ted Talks”@ FamPop2015. STFM Preconference Workshop on Integrating Primary Care, Public Health & Family Medicine Education. Orlando, FL, April 25, 2015.
- Meurer LN, Bernstein R, Brousseau DC, Hargarten S, Treat R: Primary care match is associated with scholarly concentrations focused on underserved local and global communities. 2015 AAMC Medical Education Meeting, Baltimore, MD, November 2015 (accepted
- Meurer LN, Brousseau D, Duthie E, Kron M, Lye P, Marcdante K, Simpson D, Tews M, Chavez H, Hayes M, Palka A, Kraus J: MCW Scholarly Pathways: Promoting a culture of inquiry and innovation in the medical school curriculum. Thematic poster presentation for the Leading the Way Joint conference of the MCW AHW and UW-Madison Wisconsin Partnership Program. Milwaukee WI, September 2012.
- Marcdante K, Lye P, Hayes M, Bluemel T, Barbieri K, Johnstone C: Scholarly Productivity of Medical Students enrolled in a Clinician Educator Scholarly Pathway Program. Poster for Annual Meeting of the Central Group on Academic Affairs. Cleveland OH, March 2014.
- Meurer LN, Ferguson C, Brousseau D, Duthie E, Hargarten S, Lamb G, Marcdante K, Morgenweck C, Spellecy R, Chavez H, Hayes M, Kraus J. MCW Scholarly Pathways: Promoting inquiry and innovation in medical school. Advancing Healthier Wisconsin, Looking Back, Moving Forward 10 Year Anniversary Conference. Brookfield WI, May 2014.
- Meurer LN, Meurer JR, Bordini B, Damitz BA, Diehr S, Gilbert I, Hunter P, Johnson S, Nelson D, Young S, Walczak S, and the UCH Planning Council: Community-engaged medical education through the Urban and Community Health Pathway. Advancing Healthier Wisconsin, Looking Back, Moving Forward 10 Year Anniversary Conference. Brookfield WI, May 2014.
- Meurer LN, Young S, Bower D, Meurer JR, Hargarten S. A Population-based Model for Patient-Centered Care: a conceptual framework for incorporating social determinants of health into medical education. Advancing Healthier Wisconsin, Looking Back, Moving Forward 10 Year Anniversary Conference. Brookfield WI, May 2014.