Pre-Med Pair Up
In addition to the pairings, a master calendar of recommended steps for pre-medical students, a curriculum paired with a resource list to encourage volunteerism and promote understanding of various populations, and a monthly Email Blast with a featured topic focused on Health Disparities/Global Health were created. Through this program, both undergraduate and medical students will learn, discover, care, and lead as they invest in the lives of people locally and explore medical topics as they relate to people globally.
So you want to be a doctor?
Join Pre-Med Pair Up and learn how to navigate your undergraduate career as a pre-medical student and prepare for a future in medicine by partnering with medical students across the country.
- Who: Pre-medical students and current medical students.
- What: A big sib / little sib program that connects pre-medical students with medical students in a professional, one-on-one relationship to promote networking and teamwork.
- Where: In person, phone, or email (This is determined by individual partner groups).
- When: September through May. Approximately two hours per month.
- Why: Mentorship is a huge part of being in the medical field. It’s helpful and fun!
- Plus: Think beyond medical school applications, expand your horizon, and invest in the future by learning more about global health topics!
All volunteer experiences, whether health-related or not, are valuable and encouraged when applying to medical school and other graduate level programs. Select opportunities that you are genuinely interested in and willing to invest time in. Limit yourself to only a few. It is important to be able to talk about these during your interviews.
Think beyond medical school applications, expand your horizon, and invest in the future by learning more about global health topics!
PMPU distributes a monthly Email Blast with a featured topic focused on Health Disparities/ Global Health. Sign up to receive our Email Blasts at email@example.com and review our archives below:
View poster (PDF)
PMPU Leadership Team 2018-2019
Erica Chou, MD
Undergraduate School Involvement
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater