Abir T. El-Alfy, PhD, MS
Associate Professor Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences
MS, Microbiology, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
BS, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Cairo University
- Determination of the neurobehavioral toxic effects of acrylamide and elucidation of the molecular pathways involved in its toxicity
- Evaluation of the role of exposure to acrylamide in the onset and progression of neurodegenerative diseases
- Pharmacological characterization of minor Cannabis plant constituents and determination of their therapeutic potential
- Characterization of antidepressant potential and mechanism of action of marine natural products
- Pharmacological evaluation of the role of endocannabinoid system in depression and anxiety, and the potential therapeutic value of targeting this system
(Abourashed EA, El-Alfy AT.) Phytochem Rev. 2016 Dec;15(6):1035-1056.
(El-Alfy AT, Joseph S, Brahmbhatt A, Akati S, Abourashed EA.) Pharm Biol. 2016 Dec;54(12):2933-2938.
(Johnson J, El-Alfy AT.) J Adv Res. 2016 Mar;7(2):169-84.
(Radwan MM, ElSohly MA, El-Alfy AT, Ahmed SA, Slade D, Husni AS, Manly SP, Wilson L, Seale S, Cutler SJ, Ross SA.) J Nat Prod. 2015 Jun 26;78(6):1271-6.
(Al Rahim M, Rimando AM, Silistreli K, El-Alfy AT.) Planta Med. 2013 Jun;79(9):723-30.
(Seale SM, Feng Q, Agarwal AK, El-Alfy AT.) Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012 Mar;101(1):77-84.
(El-Alfy AT, Abourashed EA, Matsumoto RR.) Curr Med Chem. 2012;19(14):2229-41.
(El-Alfy AT, Ivey K, Robinson K, Ahmed S, Radwan M, Slade D, Khan I, ElSohly M, Ross S.) Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2010 Jun;95(4):434-42.
(El-Alfy AT, Wilson L, ElSohly MA, Abourashed EA.) J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Nov 12;126(2):280-6.
(Galal AM, Slade D, Gul W, El-Alfy AT, Ferreira D, Elsohly MA.) Recent Pat CNS Drug Discov. 2009 Jun;4(2):112-36.
(Radwan MM, Elsohly MA, Slade D, Ahmed SA, Wilson L, El-Alfy AT, Khan IA, Ross SA.) Phytochemistry. 2008 Oct;69(14):2627-33.
(Kochanowska AJ, Rao KV, Childress S, El-Alfy A, Matsumoto RR, Kelly M, Stewart GS, Sufka KJ, Hamann MT.) J Nat Prod. 2008 Feb;71(2):186-9.
Teaching has always been an integral part of my career. I regard teaching as a mission: a mission to deliver knowledge to following generations. To me, teaching science means teaching a way of life and thinking. As a researcher, I make it my task to deliver the basis of scientific method in order to develop my students’ critical thinking skills. I also apply the scientific method to my teaching approach.
Abir T. El-alfy, PhD, MS