12th Annual Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Diagnostic Pathology
This three-day course has been designed to provide a comprehensive and practical update of diagnostic surgical pathology, with a special focus on women's health pathology. It is primarily designed to enhance the knowledge of practicing surgical pathologists, particularly those involved in community practice. The activity will include lectures, containing the latest in research and diagnosis, and complex surgical pathology cases, each session providing time for questions and answers. Case presentations are selected to highlight unusual presentations of rare and common conditions, to demonstrate key points in diagnosis and potential pitfalls, and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine and up-to-date references. It will offer a special bonus, interview-style fireside chat session, which will discuss pathology issues specific to women's health.
- Upon completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate current criteria for diagnosis in various subspecialty areas in diagnostic pathology
- Discuss the proper application of immunohistochemical and other special studies in problematic cases
- Explain advances in terminology and classification of neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders
Pre-registration is required.
- Saint Kate The Arts Hotel
- 139 East Kilbourn Avenue
- Simone Ballroom, Second Floor
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202