HRPP Research Connection Series
Elements of Banking
Faye Overly, CIM, CIP
Quality Assurance Specialist II
Office of Research
Medical College of Wisconsin.
This interactive session focuses on the elements of banking for human subject purposes.
- Review MCW IRB policy on banking data and bio-specimens
- Discuss definition of "data"
- Differentiate among identified, coded, de-identified and anonymous (anything) and its relationship to banks
- Compare banking consent documents and study consent documents
- Define role and responsibilities of the bank custodian
- Review IRB requirements for conducting research with banked data or specimens
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- 8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
- MACC Fund Building #3075
- Milwaukee, WI 53226
Tags: Research – Clinical