Kern National Network for Caring & Character Discussion Series
Social Justice, Health Equity and Human Flourishing: Are We All Included?
- Pedro “Joe” Greer Jr., MD, FACP, FACG, professor and dean of the college of medicine at Roseman University of Health Sciences.
- John Lowe, RN, PhD, FAAN, Joseph Blades Centennial Memorial Professor at the UT-Austin School of Nursing.
- Carla Pugh, MD, PhD, FACS, professor of surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
The Kern National Network for Caring & Character in Medicine (KNN) is pleased to continue its discussion series, “The Medical Profession Through the Lens of Human Flourishing.”
Participate in a national conversation where healthcare professionals can boldly ask fundamental questions about their profession, discuss its role in advancing human flourishing and consider how to address factors at the individual, community or societal level that pose obstacles to flourishing.
Over the past year, the disproportionate impact of the pandemic as well as national protests surrounding racial incidents have heightened attention to ongoing disparities—including those within healthcare. What responsibilities do healthcare professionals have to address root causes of health inequity? And what strategies can help dismantle structural barriers to human flourishing that exist across diverse populations? In this panel discussion—moderated by Chris Stawski, PhD, senior fellow for the Kern Family Foundation—the three speakers will share their lived experiences and professional journeys related to those themes. Audience Q&A will follow.
- Explore the responsibilities that all health professionals have to address the root causes of health inequity.
- Advocate for building a strong relationship between health, health equity and the opportunity for individuals to flourish.
- Discuss strategies aimed to dismantle structural barriers to human flourishing that exist across diverse populations.
Continuing education credits are available, and there is no fee to attend.
- Online (Link Provided After Registration)