MCW and United Way Team Up to Support the Community with Snack Pack Project
MCW continues to give back to the community in more ways than one. MCW is partnering up with United Way to offer a safe, contactless volunteer opportunity to serve our community with the most need right now, those with food insecurity. This is open to all and can be done anywhere, including online through Amazon!
The Snack Pack Volunteer Project supports children and teens throughout our community in local emergency shelters, underserved or low-income populations and students at many Milwaukee community schools who do not always have access to food. Packaging up approved healthy snacks, along with a note of encouragement, will make all the difference to those most in need right now.
Interested volunteers will be asked to complete a brief sign-up survey by Friday, Nov. 6, and read the full instruction details (PDF), which will also be sent via email to all who have signed up. Brief details are included below. We are hoping to distribute over 200 snack packs to the community.
- Assemble gallon-sized Ziploc bag(s) with 6-8 approved individually packaged snacks (approved list found on instructions)
- Include a message of encouragement
- Have fun with it – decorate the note and/or outside of the bag
- Drop off completed bags inside United Way’s Volunteer Van between 9:00 am-4:00 pm at the following locations:
- Tuesday, November 10, at United Way Parking Lot (225 W. Vine Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212)
- Thursday, November 12, at MCW (Hub Reserved Parking Lot, space #1) For those who prefer the online route, United Way has partnered with COA Youth & Family Centers to fulfill their snack pack wish list on Amazon.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support!