Red Book Online | MCW Libraries Featured Resource
Red Book® Online is the authority on pediatric infectious diseases from the American Academy of Pediatrics. It includes the most reliable and clinically relevant content on more than 200 childhood infectious diseases and is the quickest and easiest way to keep pace with all the latest developments and clinical guidelines at the point of care.
- The complete text of the current Red Book® in English and Spanish
- Online updates, news, and eAlerts
- Current infectious disease outbreak resources and information
- Current immunization schedules, vaccine shortage updates and an influenza resource page
- Visual Library collection of more than 2,700 pediatric infectious disease images
- Mobile app available for Apple and Android devices
- Dedicated Zika resource page
- AAP policies and related online content
- Archived access to previous Red Book® editions
The MCW Libraries subscription agreement permits the use of images and slides for research, teaching, and private study by authorized users. See the Resources for Finding Biomedical Images for more information.
The new digital platform offers responsive design that adjusts automatically to your favorite device. Another option is to download the free app available via iTunes or Google Play. To activate you will need an AAP user ID and password. If not a member, you can apply as an individual under the MCW Libraries subscription either on-site or through the Libraries' proxy server. See the Mobile Apps page for instructions.
For more information, contact the Medical College of Wisconsin Libraries.