Medical College of Wisconsin Announces 2020 President’s Community Engagement and Diversity and Inclusion Awards Winners
Milwaukee, October 21, 2020 – The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will host a virtual awards ceremony Friday, October 30, in honor of the winners of the 2020 President’s Community Engagement Award, in conjunction with the President’s Diversity and Inclusion Award Ceremony. The President’s Community Engagement Award recognizes the exemplary community-academic partnership, community-engaged research or community outreach activities of faculty, staff, students and/or community partners of MCW. The President’s Diversity and Inclusion Award recognizes the accomplishments of faculty, staff, trainees and community members in contributing to diversity and inclusion through exemplary leadership.
The 2020 President’s Community Engagement Awardees include:
- Michael Levas, MD, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine
- Staci Young, PhD, Associate Professor, Director, Center of Healthy Communities and Research, Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Jermaine Murry, MS, Community Program Coordinator, Cancer Center
- Jennifer Ovide, RN, BSN, Community Medicine Clinical Coordinator, Ascension All Saints Family Health Center
- Bisola-Sarah Omoba, MD, Class of 2020
- Brett Fuller, MAE, Director of Instruction, Marian College, Curriculum Specialist, Department of Wellness and Prevention, Milwaukee Public Schools
The 2020 President’s Diversity and Inclusion Awardees include:
- Reggie Moore, Injury and Violence Prevention Director, City of Milwaukee
- Anne R. Quimby Mathias (Posthumous), Manager, Communications and Community Relations, MCW Cancer Center
- Terri deRoon Cassini, PhD, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care and Director of the Comprehensive Injury Center
- Kristina Kaljo, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Research and Advanced Education
- David J. Milia, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care
- Melinda Stolley, PhD, Professor and Associate Director Prevention and Control, Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology
Keep up with the latest news. Sign up for Newsroom Alerts.
Latest press releases, stories and resources.