Areas of Interest
- Next-generation RIS and PACS
- Knowledge representation
- Indexing and retrieval of images and metadata
- Cost-effective use of diagnostic medical imaging procedures
- Probabilistic reasoning: Bayesian networks and decision-theoretic planning
- Internet-based systems and computer-supported collaborative work
ARRS GoldMiner® - Image Search Engine ARRS GoldMiner® provides rapid search of a large, Internet-based library of peer-reviewed radiology images.
RadLex® RadLex® provides a uniform structure for capturing, indexing, and retrieving a variety of radiology information sources, such as teaching files, research data, and radiology reports.
Structured Reporting The RSNA radiology reporting initiative is improving reporting practices by creating a library of clear and consistent report templates; developing the IHE "Management of Radiology Report Templates" (MRR) standard; and advancing reporting technologies.
Radiology Gamuts Ontology The Gamuts ontology provides a formal knowledge model of diseases and their imaging manifestations to improve radiological diagnosis.