Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2015, or until all positions are filled.
Starting December 1, 2014, the Department of Anesthesiology will be accepting applications via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The following documents should accompany the ERAS application:
- Personal Statement
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript and Diploma
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Three letters of recommendation (addressed to Dr. Meredith Adams, Program Director)
- USMLE (and COMLEX, if applicable) Transcript
- ECFMG Certificate (International Applicants must be ECFMG certified prior to any interview)
- Photo (portrait)
- If you wish to submit additional documents (such as in-training exam results), please send directly to Orlando Diaz (email@example.com)
Interested applicants must register for the NRMP Anesthesiology Fellowship Match. Please note the following:
- You may submit the application form via ERAS starting on December 1, 2014. Do not send forms separately.
- Applicants are free to interview with any other programs of interest until rank lists are due, and will NOT be asked for an early decision. Please do not accept an interview date with us at MCW unless you intend to register for the NRMP match.
- If you have interviewed with us and accept a position elsewhere outside the Match, please a) withdraw from the match and b) notify us of your decision.
NRMP Match registration opens June 3, 2015. Rank Order Lists are due September 30, 2015, and Match Day is October 14, 2015.
Fellows begin training in July, although off-cycle positions may be available. Prior to appointment, Fellows must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency program in Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology or Psychiatry.
Candidates for fellowship positions must be enrolled in the certification process or be certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or the equivalent before fellowship training begins.
In addition, candidates will need:
- Unrestricted Wisconsin Medical License
- Current DEA certificate
- Proof they have passed the USMLE step 3 examination
For information about the terms, conditions and benefits of employment, please see Graduate Medical Education's Benefits, Conditions & Terms of Employment Web page.
Stipend amounts for the 2015 – 2016 Academic Year:
- PGY-I, $57,380
- PGY-II, $58,400
- PGY-III, $59,420
- PGY-IV, $60,440
- PGY-V, $63,500
- PGY-VI, $65,540
- PGY-VII, $67,580
- PGY-VIII, $68,800
Welcome! If you have received an invitation to interview for our Pain Medicine Fellowship, we congratulate you on your hard work and are eager to learn more about you.
Interviews will be arranged via ERAS, and are expected to take place between May and September.
Please communicate your exact travel details to us via ERAS. After you have scheduled your interview date, we will provide you with information regarding hotel accommodations. We are pleased to announce that our selected hotel will offer a discounted nightly rate to you. Please be aware that all of your hotel expenses are your responsibility.
Transportation from Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport to the hotel is your responsibility. You are free to select a rental vehicle, taxi, Go Riteway shuttle service, or make other arrangements. When available, the hotel’s shuttle can transport you to our campus on your interview day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us through ERAS, or call Orlando Diaz (Fellowships Coordinator) at (414) 805-6104.