Faculty Collaboration Database
- New and updated screencasts are available.
- New NIH Biosketch feature - create multiple biosketches and reuse information already entered in the FCD.
- Many more faculty from the CTSI partner institutions have been added or are currently in the process of being added. These include faculty members from University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Marquette University, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Milwaukee School of Engineering, and Zablocki VA Medical Center.
The Faculty Collaboration Database (FCD) was developed to foster collaboration between faculty members of the Medical College of Wisconsin and with other members of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), including UWM and Marquette. The goal of the FCD is to support and enhance the research advances, patient care needs, educational excellence and business requirements of the College. The FCD was initiated by the Faculty Career Development committee, the CTSI and the Office of Research and developed by the staff of the MCW Bioinformatics program. Ongoing support including education, Help Desk and other assistance is provided by MCW Libraries.
Basic demographic information as well as grants faculty are involved with are automatically added to faculty profiles. Other information such as published articles, leadership positions, mentoring availability, educational expertise, clinical expertise, community partnerships and more are parts of the profile that faculty can add to the FCD. Faculty may also upload their Curriculum Vitae. Faculty members can also set up designees (such as an administrative assistant) who can manage their FCD accounts on their behalf.
MCW Libraries offers the following support to assist you in getting set up in the FCD:
- Presentations at Department Meetings: Librarians are available to present an overview of the FCD with time for questions. Please contact the FCD Help Desk for scheduling.
- One-on-One Consultations: Librarians are available to meet with you individually in your office or department at a time that is convenient for you. Please contact us to schedule a meeting.
- Online Assistance: The FCD website contains an informative “About” page that serves as an FAQ. Screencasts are also available on the FCD site that illustrate how to login, update your profile, and more.
- CV Uploading: as time and other priorities permit, library staff are available to help upload CV information into the FCD.
- Please contact the FCD Help Desk for additional assistance.