facilities - MCW-central wisconsin
MCW-Central Wisconsin, located within leased spaces at Aspirus Wausau Hospital, includes teaching, faculty and administrative space in a new 10,000 square foot addition. Aspirus facilities houses:
- Two Active Learning Classrooms, which can be combined into one larger space with the use of an operable partition. The Active Learning Classrooms support team-based education, where students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Learning and Skills Classrooms, consists of three rooms divided by operable partitions that can be opened into one large teaching space. Here students meet in smaller groups for early clinical skills education and training, engage with student groups and organizations at other campuses, and engage in quite or group study.
- The student lounge
- Offices and cubical work stations for faculty and staff
- Conference and consultation rooms
- On-site parking is free for students and staff
- Aspirus medical library, staffed by a professional librarian, is available for 24-hour use
- Two cafeterias, a coffee shop and 24-hour vending are available on site
- The Aspirus Cardio Pulmonary Lab exercise facility is available for student use during non-patient times.
Northcentral Technical College (NTC) houses space for anatomy lab, locker rooms and clinical simulation and skills training. The anatomy lab at NTC occupies space is located in the Health Science Building on the third floor. The Hospital Simulation Suite houses standardized patient and mannequin simulation sessions, task trainers and offers many interprofessional training opportunities. The NTC library is also available for student use.