As of July 1, 2015: Fellows who begin the program on or after July 1, 2015, will be employed by the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (MCWAH).
If start date was prior to July 1, 2015, please see MCW Benefits, Conditions & Terms of Employment for information regarding vacations, leaves, insurance, stipends and professional liability.
Stipend Amounts for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- PGY IV - $61,500
- PGY V - $64,610
- PGY VI - $66,690
- PGY VII - $68,760
See MCWAH Benefits, Conditions & Terms of Employment for information regarding vacations, leaves, insurance, stipends and professional liability.
Working Condition Benefit (MCWAH)
The working condition benefit will remain $1,500 for the 2016/17 academic year. This payment is intended to help defray expenses for license fees, DEA fees, license exam fees and textbooks.
Master's Program Tuition Assistance (MCW)
The Medical College of Wisconsin's Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT assists with tuition so that current fellows are able to pursue a master's degree program. In the second and third year of the fellowship the fellow may choose to take master's courses offered at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Our 3-year fellowship program is ACGME accredited and begins on July 1 each year. We accept two fellows each academic year through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications from prospective applicants are accepted from November through January via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
2017 Fellowship Match Dates
- Applications Open: December 1, 2016
- Interview Dates: January–April, 2017
- Rank List Opens: March 29, 2017
- Rank List Closes: May 10, 2017
- Match Day for 2018: May 24, 2017
Complete applications should include the following:
- ERAS application form
- At least 3 letters of reference including Program Director letter
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation/Dean's Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- USMLE scores - Steps 1, 2, and 3
- ECFMG certificate for foreign medical school graduates (see visa information below)
Our program currently accept the following visas:
- Permanent Resident Visa
- Visitor Exchange Visa sponsored by ECFMG (J-1)
- Temporary Professional Worker's Visa (H-1B)
- For additional visa information please visit Graduate Medical Education
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT Societies
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Cancer Research
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
Graduate Medical Education Links