Global Health Experience
The Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Pediatrics Global Health Program is an integral part of the pediatric and medicine-pediatrics residency training programs. Residents have the option of participating in a specific Global Health Track which includes specific additional curricula for those with interest in continuing to participate in international health experiences beyond residency. Successful completion of this track requires participating in an overseas rotation as well as completing a scholarly project addressing an issue relevant to global health.
The primary goals of the program are to:
- Develop a culturally-competent curriculum that equips residents to provide compassionate and excellent medical care in areas with limited resources.
- Assist with choosing and preparing for international electives that cater to each resident’s career goals and personal interests.
- Optimize global health education opportunities both here and abroad.
- Ensure safe international elective experiences for all trainees.
- Improve the health of children in developing countries through collaborative partnerships with our Department of Pediatrics and international sites.