When athletes are injured, Dr. Walter recognizes the importance of rapid diagnosis and a treatment plan designed to get the athlete back to play as quickly as possible without compromising future quality of life.
Dr. Walter enjoys educating athletes and family members about injuries and involves them in treatment planning. This helps every athlete play an active role in the creation of a treatment plan. Dr. Walter prides himself on following each patient through to their successful return to activity.
Dr. Walter remains up to date on the latest advances in sports medicine through research and teaching. He belongs to several national organizations, and regularly speaks at regional and national conferences on a variety of concussion and sports medicine topics. Dr. Walter has published books, book chapters, and journal articles in the field of Pediatric Musculoskeletal Medicine and Concussions.
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Illinois - Chicago (1998)
- Internship in Pediatrics - Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals - Milwaukee (1998-1999)
- Residency in Pediatrics - Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals - Milwaukee (1999-2001)
- Chief Resident in Pediatrics - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (2001-2002)
- Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine - Akron Children's Hospital - Akron, OH (2002-2004)