Funding and Studies
- Total grant awards of $158.2 million for research, teaching, training and related purposes in FY 2015*
- includes $85.6 million funded from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) during the federal government's FY 2015**
- MCW is ranked 45th among the nation’s 139 medical schools receiving NIH research funding
- More than 3,200 research studies, including clinical trials, conducted in MCW's FY 2015
*MCW's Fiscal Year 2015 was July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015
**NIH data as of December 30, 2015
- More than 50 new discoveries and inventions reported in MCW's FY 2015
- 218 technologies covered by more than 257 pending and issued US and foreign patents
- 54 technology license agreements with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies
- Research and development affiliations with 29 campus institutions, major universities, research institutions and healthcare organizations, as well as government and venture capital groups in Wisconsin and elsewhere
- MCW translates science into clinical care through technology development collaborations with industry, including startup ventures. Recent startup companies include Protein Foundry, TAI Diagnostics, Somna Therapeutics, Organic Research Corporation and Angio360.
Your gift is an investment in a healthier future for you, your family and generations to come.
(414) 955-4700 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To see a Medical College of Wisconsin physician:
(414) 805-3666 | (800) 272-3666
(414) 607-5280 | (877) 607-5280
Medical College of Wisconsin Facts 2016
View and Print the 2016 Facts (PDF)
For printed copies of the Medical College of Wisconsin Facts publication, send requests by email to the Communications Resource Center.
We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.