Must have earned a minimum of 90 undergraduate graded credits, including prerequisites, at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. The required minimum credits must be earned prior to matriculation.
Must have taken the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) no more than three years prior to matriculation.
- How To Apply
- Initiate your application through AMCAS.
- Deadline for Early Decision is August 1 and General Pool is November 1.
- Applicants are advised to apply and complete their application early. Applications are reviewed by the Admission Committee on a rolling basis by date of completion.
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required and must be taken no more than three years prior to matriculation.
- Upon receipt of a copy of your AMCAS application, MCW will forward by e-mail the following:
Evidence of falsified application materials may result in rejection of the applicant or dismissal of the student if fraud is discovered after enrollment.
- Selection Factors
Review of Academic Achievement
Personal Statement from AMCAS Application
Academic Letters of Recommendation (Letters are accepted via US Postal Service and electronic providers including AMCAS, VirtualEvals and Interfolio)
MCW reserves the right to exclude any applicant for any reason it deems sufficient.
Option to defer admission for one year is available to all accepted applicants, provided the applicant has met all stipulations in their acceptance. The applicant must file a formal request to defer by May 31.
The Medical College of Wisconsin only accepts transfer students demonstrating hardship into its third year class. Contact the Office of Admissions at 414-955-8246 for further information.