Check out comments made by our patients in Froedtert & The Medical College Staff Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Out staff is highlighted in the Otolaryngology section.
Click image to read the Alumni Newsletter
•18 MCW otolaryngology faculty were recently named to Milwaukee Magazine’s “Top Rated Doctors” List, over 60% of all listed Otolaryngologists in the Milwaukee area:
• Dr. David Friedland’s research linking cardiovascular and hearing health is being recognized in association with American Heart Month…
• Dr. John Bock was the featured guest of the Iowa Academy of Otolaryngology on May 25 in Iowa City. He presented, “Management of Chronic Cough – What the Otolaryngologist Needs to Know,” to the Academy. He also was a featured panelist (on the panel, “Complication of Microlaryngoscopy”) at the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Voice Foundation in Philadelphia, PA on June 2.
• Nikki Johnston, PhD has been elected Vice Chair of the Otolaryngology Committee of the World Organization for Specialized Studies on Diseases of the Esophagus. The Organization brings together specialists from all disciplines to develop research that improves care for patients suffering from a disease of the sophagus. There are over 14,000 members from 85 countries in the Organization
• Dr. John Rhee, MD, MPH has been appointed to the Applications for Clinical Trial and Translational Research on the Chemical Senses Study Section of the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. Study section members are selected on the basis of demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of research accomplishments, previous or existing NIH funding, publication in scientific journals and other significant scholarly activity.
• We are very proud of Dr. Joseph Kerschner who was installed as the 10th Dean of the Medical School and Executive Vice President of the Medical College of Wisconsin on February 15th.
Many of our physicians continue to receive regional and local awards as well. Some of the publications they are recognized in and have received awards from include Milwaukee Magazine's Top Doctors and The Business Journal's Best Doctors among others. Click on any of our physician profiles and find out more about them!